Friday, July 4, 2014

Fireworks part 2

My old elementary school puts on a small scale fireworks event every year on the 3rd of July so as not to conflict with the bigger shows on the 4th of July.  So we took my son to go experience the festivities.  He was so excited seeing all the other kids and the new play structure that he ran himself ragged before the show.  He fell asleep just as the band started playing.  He managed to sleep through the up tempo brass instrumental and more surprisingly he slept through the fireworks. Though regrettably he did stay wake for the entire car ride home.
I guess it's because he fell asleep just as things were getting really loud that the fireworks didn't bother him.  He seems to need the noise level to remain constant while he sleeps with what it was when he was falling asleep.

I've made the mistake before of turning the music down after my son fell asleep only to have the lack of sound wake him up.  So noise or no noise as long as the volume stays about the same my son will stay asleep.

Today we plan on sticking to the day time festivities and watching the big fireworks from home.  I figure he's young enough that we don't need to have two nights in a row where we stay out late in the cold and the wind.  I mean we had him properly bundled up, I just don't feel like pressing our luck.  I want to keep things fun.

The parade should be good time.  And it will be my son's first time interacting with small scale midway games.

No comments:

Post a Comment