Friday, July 11, 2014

Restaurants

Going out to dinner with a small child can feel more like juggling random dangerous items of constantly shifting weight than a relaxing night out.  Going out to dinner while pregnant is not for the weak of stomach, as the smells of everyone else's orders bombard your overly sensitive nose.  Going out to dinner with both conditions in effect can be dangerous.

Ordering macaroni and cheese plus steamed vegetables for my son, and my old favorite off the menu looked like a good idea on paper... but sadly was less ideal than we might have hoped.  Yes I succeeded in ordering food my son would eat, however he did not eat all of it before he got bored with feeding himself and thought he would give feeding me a go.

And it wasn't until he started waving his cooked broccoli in my face that I realized the magnitude of my mistake.  The smell of his broccoli was enough to send my pregnant stomach reeling.   And being a persistent sort, he was not dissuaded from his goal of helping mommy eat regardless of what method I employed.  I have been informed that the look on my face trying to avoid the broccoli (a food I normally like) was priceless.

I was not amused.

And then to make matters worse the food I ordered for myself wasn't exactly sitting as well in my stomach as I would have hoped.  I resorted to munching on breadsticks while eating about half of what I normally would have done with the food I ordered.

I was really miffed when the bill came and while I was distracted with that the bowl of breadsticks was whisked away!  WTF?!?!?  I was eating that!  It was the only thing I was still capable of eating on the whole damn table!  And it was gone.  Though at this point it felt silly to demand they come back as we were getting ready to leave.

All and all, it was an experience I don't feel compelled to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment