Monday, May 26, 2014

Alarming

Staying at a hotel can be helpful even for local conventions when you have a small person in your party. Last night my husband made an early night of it with my son while I went to an event that went late into the night on a lower floor.

I was in a good mood, (Fairly excited about taking a bit of a mommy break) skipping down the hall when I miss stepped, rolled my foot and went sprawling down the hallway. Lucky another guest gave me a hand up. I made it to the event and got some ice for my foot.

Just moments after the event came to a close, the fire alarm went off. I cringed (my son freaks out when he wakes up if I don't happen to be in his line of sight) and limped toward the stairwell.

Soon afterward an announcement was made that there was no fire and we could go back to what we were doing.

I made it up seven flights of stairs and got to my son, calmed him down and once again peace was restored and I managed to get him back to sleep and wrap my foot and get some sleep myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment