Friday, May 30, 2014

Preschool tours

Looking at preschools especially if it's for your first born child can be a situation filled with anxiety and frustration.  In some ways it's not dissimilar form looking for a college to attend.  (Though you will care alot more about how the teachers interact with the students for preschool than college.) You can call ahead of time and make an appointment for a tour.  There is paperwork to fill out when you apply to send your child there. And if it's a particularly nice school you've found there is likely a wait list, so start looking well before you intend to enroll your child.  And of course different places have different price tags associated with attendance.

I'm looking at preschools and I think I've found one that my son and I both like.  This is one of those big decisions that I'm inclined to take my son's input on even though he has not yet found his way into the land of complete sentences.  (I mean he will be spending a lot of time there without me, if he doesn't feel comfortable with it I don't feel comfortable with it and if it makes him happy then likewise I am made happy.)

The school I'm feeling good about is actually associated with a junior college.  Apparently lots of colleges both junior and four year institutions have preschools. (They give preference to the children of faculty and students before accepting children from the local comunity.)  I like the adult to child ratio they have at the preschool we are hoping to get our son in; they have one adult for every four children maximum class size of twelve per age group.  We got to take a tour while the kids were at play and my son was excited to be there.  (He didn't want to leave.)

No comments:

Post a Comment