Saturday, April 19, 2014

Gift for who? part 2

Damn it I just said it's not a gift if there are strings attached and it's not helping if it's not wanted!  Pay Attention!

When you give some one a gift, why are you doing so?  Who is this really for?  Do you genuinely want the recipient to have what you are giving or are you doing this out of a sense of obligation or worse as a way to have one up on the one accepting the gift.

If you keep track of what your giving to whom, and wait by your mail box for a thank you note... You just might be a selfesh jerk.  You didn't give me a gift you gave me an obligation.  And if I fail to notice it and fulfill it you now get to play the victim card because your selfish ass didn't get the recognition it was trying to buy.

I'm currently not on speaking terms with the couple who thought I needed more house keeping supplies as gifts.  Three different mopping devices, an ironing board, various dusting implements, a vacuum ect...  All unasked for.  Think about what your gift says before you give it.  I know I'm a stay at home mom but I have interests beyond house work.

And get your hands off my stuff.  If i didn't ask you to help me clean house, don't.  I know I have a kid and there are toys all over, but guess what we were were doing before you got here. We were playing!  And you know what we will be doing when you go away?  More playing.

It's rude to come in to someone else's house and point out flaws or criticize.  Especially if you are doing that to a new mom or dad.  They are running on stone cold will alone and sleep is but an elusive mirage.

You can't come into my house and asume you know how things go.  If I tell you there is no need for you to clean, then guess what, there is no need for you to clean... My reasons may vary from simply trying to be a good host to thinking you make things worse when you try to help.  Do you really want to find out which reason applies to you?

Sit back, enjoy your tea.  Don't make me regret letting you in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment