Saturday, April 26, 2014

Me time

True being a stay at home mom is the ultimate 24/7 job, but that doesn't mean that it's unreasonable to need some down time to yourself.  The important thing is making sure your baby is with someone you trust to see to all the needs that your baby has while you take a little time for yourself.  That way you are not spending your precious down time agonizing over how your baby is doing while you are not in the room.

To decide to shoulder the burden entirely by yourself is a great way to burn yourself out and become an emotional wreck. (At which point you are no good for yourself let alone your baby.)

You of course know best as for who counts as suitable adult supervision.  Myself, I turn to my husband first, and have the good fortune of knowing that if needed my brother or my mother can give my son the attention he needs while I take care of myself.

What do I mean by taking care of myself?
It could be something as simple as taking a longer bath or shower than I would normally have time for.  Or as big as taking my husband on a date (with out the baby).  Though going out with the baby can be fun, it's good to be able to spend some quality time with one's spouse without baby interruptions.

Your sanity is important.  So though it can be hard to find time for yourself once you begin the epic journey of parenthood; do yourself and your loved ones a favor.  Make time for yourself.  If you are happy, you will have a better chance of making those around you happy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment