Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Photos

Cameras, they're everywhere.  On your tablet, in your phone, or maybe you still have a digital camera or even something as "vintage" as an actual old school camera that uses actual film that is developed later.  Now I understand why one might be precious with their photo taking if film is the only option... but if you have access to any form of digital camera you might as well take as many photos as makes you happy.

Let's face it, your child will only be a miniature person for so long.  And once you have a digital camera, taking photos is free.  Take as many as you like, don't like the angle on one? No problem, try again.  When taking pictures of babies I find it helps to use the rapid shot function on my camera.  As long as I hold the button down, it's taking pictures.  Which is great because trying to time the shutter of a camera with your baby's laughter is easier said than done.

I'm not saying you want or need to post a finite infinity of  photos to the internet. (Or any for that matter if you value privacy)  Basically you should take for granted that there is no such thing as privacy online and assume that anything you post online can be accessed regardless of your "privacy" settings.

This is why I don't take the ever popular naked baby photos.  Bath time can remain a private affair for all I'm concerned.  My basic thought for subject matter on baby photos is this question:  Would this be a photo I would want taken of me at any age?

This is not to say that there is a lack of photos of my very young son online, I'm just trying to keep it all in good taste.  I want to share photos with friends and family who are far away, not create black mail photos to hold over my son at a later date.  Basically I want to avoid embarrassing my son in any way that could be thought of as permanent.  And you should definitely think of things online as permanent.  Once it is up, you don't know if anyone else has saved it onto their computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment