Monday, June 23, 2014

Second Pregnancy

Being pregnant is hard.  There are all kinds of smells and emotions and more wreaking havoc on one's sanity.  Being a stay at home mom is hard.  Being a 24/7 caregiver for someone still learning your language can be frustrating to say the least.  Now put the two together and ask yourself why you thought this would be a good idea?

My plan all along was to have two children.  Giving kid number one someone to play with seemed like a good idea on paper.  Now the smelly diaper reality is grabbing me by the nose hairs and yanking.  Yes I remembered being pregnant and having a heightened sense of smell.  And yes sometimes diapers make my eyes water.  Now baby farts that I hadn't paid much notice to before make me wish I owned a gas mask.  These are going to be some long days ahead of me.

Sleeping can be a bit of a trick while pregnant.  Getting up in the middle of the night to go pee can really throw off one's sleep rhythm.  And though I'm am desperately tired, sleep often eludes me after I have gotten up.  My hips hurt, and my stomach is rebelling and to cap it off my son (who's bed is still in my room) has a stuffy noise and is still too young for decongestants.  I miss sleep.

Emotionally everything feels like the stakes are higher now.  When really who cares when I get around to vacuuming? Apparently me!  It's a big deal and I feel somewhat resentful of the fact that my son is still afraid of the vacuum.  So I don't want to vacuum while he's in the same room as me.  But my husband working a ton of over time isn't exactly home enough to play with my son while I do household chores.  And now I'm trying to remember what they said last time I was pregnant about vacuuming.  I think it was just my crazy roommate saying you shouldn't.  And all the MD websites seem to think it's fine.  So we will go with it's safe, but hard to find the time for.

I once again feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster, but now I have my son in the room watching me.  So I feel like it would be bad form to have an emotional break down in front of him.  Damn it.  Last time I was pregnant I wasn't in charge of anyone but me. And if I felt like curling up into a ball on the couch for a few hours that's what I did! It's not even an option this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment