Friday, June 13, 2014

Wait list

It is never too soon to apply to a good preschool.  The preschool that I'm interested in sending my son to next year has put us on the wait list.  What does this mean?  It means that I should have applied sooner if I wanted a guaranteed spot.  This is a tricky thing for for first time mothers who intend to be stay at home moms.  By the time you realize what age you are ready to send your child off to be cared for at a preschool you may be too late to get into your first choice.

This is clearly not a mistake I intend to repeat.  When I am next blessed with a child I intend to get the paper work started straight away.  For while I am not interested in infant care,  I intend to make the preschool I eventually send my child to a certainty.

It's frustrating finding yourself on a wait list.  The uncertainty can be hard to accept when it comes to something as important as who takes care of your child.  As some one who strives for excellence in all things it's rather disappointing to find out you lost the race to gain a guaranteed spot.  But I take some solace in the fact that anything can happen in a year and we are 2nd on the wait list.  Wish us luck.

And keep in mind a year in advance is not far enough when planning childcare pre-elementary school.  I'm just glad I have the good fortune of living across the street from a good public elementary school. And thus will be spared having to worry about a wait list of elementary school.  All that said, I'm not going to waste any time when it comes to filling out his elementary school paper work.

I understand that some moms will use infant care as soon as humanly possible and get back to their jobs, and some will not stop taking care of there children until elementary school, while others still plan to homeschool.  (And any other alternative I'm too tired to think of at the moment)  I'm not trying to advocate going to preschool if you are dead set against it.  Rather I am trying to give a heads up to 1st time moms who might be interested in preschool.  Yes you can learn from your mistakes, but if you are so inclined you can also learn from mine.

To all I say good luck, and may all your educational goals be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment