Sunday, June 15, 2014

Strollers

I took my son to the county fair and made the mistake of forgetting the stroller at home.  To call this turn of events inconvenient is a gross understatement.  My son was happy to walk with me, holding my hand for the first twenty minutes.   Then then his "change-me, feed-me" cycles began.

Finding a place to change him was a bit of a pain but nothing we couldn't handle.  The problem came when it was time to feed him.  Not having the stroller with us meant we couldn't just hand him a bottle and keep going, we need to find a place to sit and eat.  Sit and eat?  Sit and play was what he had in mind.  And when we were finally done with the food game he didn't want to walk any more.

So I'm walking around the fair with my son sitting on my shoulders and he asks for milk again.  If it were possible to glare at someone sitting directly behind my head that's what I would have been doing.  And I ask, if you are so hungry now, then why didn't you eat and drink when we were all sitting at the nice little picnic tables?

Milk!
Ok fine!

I place him on the ground next to me and pull a bottle out of my pack and hand it to him.  He drinks but doesn't really feel like walking while doing so.  With a sigh we go back to carrying him.  Switching back and forth as needed.  Until we get to the animals.  At which point my son is ready to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off!  (Ironic because here we see the prize winning chickens.)  I'll give him this, he was certainly happy to see the chickens and turkeys. "Duck-duck-duck!" (there were no ducks but you try explaining to someone under the age of two that though all ducks are birds, not all birds are ducks.  Good luck!

We got to let him ride a small pedal tractor before they started putting things away.  He didn't really want to leave it behind but I swung him around some as I walked away and he giggled like a maniac, forgetting all about what we had been doing before.

We were walking around the quilt exhibits and had made it half-way through, when my son again could stand to walk no more.  He slumped to his knees pulling my arm down as he did so.  At which point we figured we had had enough fun for one day.

So help me!  I will never forget the stroller again!

No comments:

Post a Comment